With the IEE programme (Intelligent Energy Europe) the European Commission promotes the energy-efficiency and the rational use of resources.
Based on industry-expressed ideas, EURATEX presented in May 2011 a project proposal for an IEE innovation-project specifically tailored for the European Clothing industry.
Selected in November 2011, the project, SESEC, kicks off on 28th March 2012 in Brussels
- To develop, test and offer an Energy Efficiency tool for clothing production, made up of guidelines and web-based applications, suitable for SMEs and large companies;
- To maximise the project impact, by transferring its results to the sector through EURATEX members and interested companies;
- To offer training and support to companies to implement energy-saving measures considering cost-effectiveness;
- In the mid-term, to improve opportunities for energy-efficiency for the whole European clothing industry.
Over its 30 months duration the SESEC project plans actions in several European counties according to 4 major phases:
- 4/2012 - 1/2013, State-of-the-art analysis and similar initiatives evaluation, energy audits at company premises focused on product-groups, energy benchmarks set up;
- 11/2012 - 1/2014, identification of energy savings areas and methodology, a web-based energy-efficiency self-assessment tool (development, test and completion) for companies;
- 8/2013 - 7/2014, training kit development and training activities for companies;
- 4/2012 - 7/2014, communication, stakeholders involvement and results promotion.
EURATEX (Coordinator) (Europe)
Major activities of INCDTP partner
- To facilitate the cooperation with the selected clothing companies from Romania for the energy audits:
- SC ARTIFEX SRL
- SC TANEX SRL
- SC STECOLFLEX TRADE SRL
- SC Sofiaman SRL
- SC B&D International SRL
- To collect data for energy audits is Romania;
- To promote use of results for the benefit of Romanian clothing companies, and organize a dissemination event
- To promote training on energy efficiency for Romanian clothing companies and organize a dedicated training event;
Lucretiu Patrascanu 16, sector 3, Bucuresti
Tel.: 021-340.49.28, Fax: 021-340.55.15