Integrated optical system for controlling the defects from the textile industry
Contract: 71-142/ 2007
Textile industry, by its particularities, is characterized on each technologic flow (spinning mill, weaving, finishing), by a variety of defects (more or less obvious) having direct implications over the quality of the finished product. One of the productive modalities of answering to the situations related by an efficient and safe monitoring is that of the optic – electronic monitoring of the defects on the flow, a process that has mainly the following activities:
The installation of an apparatus for monitoring (rendering evident) the existing defects on the material subject to analysis (it is generally a camera or other monitoring type: laser, etc.);
automated visual inspection (cameras) as a process in itself;
defect storing, controlling and classifying;
The loop closing by marking the position, in space and time of the emphasized defect, by a certain procedure
The final report elaboration associated to the test (bale).
From the technologic point of view the necessity of elaborating such kind of monitoring is imposed by various causes:
The wide variety of defects;
The multitude of models imposed by the market requirement necessity (models that should differ as pattern, design, design, but which should be fashionable);
Low productivity of the human supervisor whose efficiency decreases by time;
And the last but not least the necessity of correcting the flow errors due to certain technologic causes for which the operator intervenes later, after the rejecting of significant quantities of metric length;
The importance of the themes both from the scientific point of view (the using of new algorithms regarding shape recognition) and the economic point of view which is very important due to the numerous implications (the automation of the quality control process, its objective rendering, the productivity increasing at least five times) lead to the creating in a short time of an international consortium which allowed the submitting a project proposal with a subject that aims somehow to the same fault subject, at the first call as part of FP7, ICT. It was registered under the number 216988 - “Complex system for optical supervising management and digital classification of the defects in the textile industry”, as part of the first call FP 7 – ICT -2007 - 1.
General objectives and estimated results:
The project has as main objective the accomplishing of an integrated optical system for defect monitoring and their controlling. With a view of fulfilling this objective, there is a need of carrying out certain activities that take place by two plans, one referring to the system soft and hard component, and the other aiming at the supporting element of the optical sensor, so that the product scanning system should be more efficient. By the complexity of the process that lies at the base of the monitoring system, a first specific measurable objective is represented by the accomplishing of image data base that contains the defect standards which exist in the textile technological practice. Another objective imposed by the themes is represented by the purchasing of a high - resolution camera, able to carry out a monitoring which is closer to the reality. As generally the textile industry is characterized by a wide variety of various dimension models, the accomplishing of a more flexible scanning system is needed, so that the monitoring should not be influenced by any modification of the monitoring product characteristics.
The accomplishing of this constructive system that constitutes another objective of the project must be corroborated with the accomplishing of the transmission network of the captured images that must be connected to a high power and calculation speed server. As soon as this assembly is accomplished the aim is represented by the accomplishing of the image taking, processing, defect deceleration, their controlling and eventually, the control process interrupting, in the case of the repeated defects (and the cause removal), as well as of the interface programs. As a consequence, during the project ongoing one can find all the range of activities: pure research, applicative research, demonstration, result dissemination etc.
The coordinating institution: The Research – Development National Institute for Textile and Leather – INCDTP, Bucharest
Contact data: 16, Lucretiu Patrascanu Str., Sector 3, postal code 030508, Bucharest, tel: 021-3404928, fax: 021-3405515, e-mail email@example.com
- The Research-Development National Institute for Textile and Leather- Bucharest
- The National Research-Development Institute for Informatics- Bucharest
- “Gh. Asachi” Technical University-Iasi
- “Aurel Vlaicu” University- Arad
The contracting authority: THE NATIONAL CENTRE OF PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT- CNMP, Bucharest, 21-25, Mendeleev Str., sector 1, postal code 010362, tel. 311.59.92, fax 318.87.63
Project duration: 34 months
The activities and responsibilities that are afferent to each participant:
Stage I. The study and analysis of the requirements (deadline 20.12.2007)
Activity I.1. The establishing of the functional, software components and the integrated system architecture/ A.1.2. Elaboration of conceptual models and theories
Stage II The development of functional and software components (deadline 30.06.2008)
Activity II.1/A2.1. Study
Activity II.2 The designing and accomplishing of software components/ A.2.4. Experimental model designing / A.2.5. Experimental model accomplishing
Activity II.3/B.2. Large scale dissemination by national or international result communication and publishing.
Stage III The testing and validation of the software component functionality and of the monitoring system (deadline 30.01.2009)
Activity III.1 The testing and validation of the software component functionality/ A.3.6. Prototype experimenting and checking
Activity III.2 Information dissemination/ B.2. Large scale dissemination by national or international result communication and publishing.
Stage IV. Designing, accomplishing and experimenting of the integrated system prototype (30.11.2099)
Activity IV.1. Integrated system prototype designing A.IV.2. Prototype accomplishing
Activity IV.3. Information dissemination B2. Large scale dissemination by national or international result communication and publishing.
Activity IV.4. Integrated system prototype designing / A.IV.5 Prototype experimenting and checking.
Activity IV.5. Information dissemination. B2. Large scale dissemination by national or international result communication and publishing.
Stage V. Implementing of the multimedia integrated system, S/T knowledge dissemination and of the results obtained by the project achieving (deadline 30.06.2010)
Activity V.1. The system implementing and putting into service/ A.3.6. System experimenting and checking.
Activity V.2 Information dissemination / B.2 Large scale dissemination by national or international result communication and publishing
The Research-Development National Institute for Textile and Leather:
- Participates in the elaboration of the yarn defect image schedule;
- Designs and performs (from the mechanical point of view) the monitoring system;
- Provides the elements necessary for the designing and elaborating the data base of controlling the defect image data base;
- Tests within the institute pilot stations the data base functionality in due time;
- Participates in the completing of the data base with specific elements for the theme.
- Participates in the carrying out of the dissemination activities (articles/participation in symposia/conferences)
The National Research-Development for Informatics - Bucharest:
- Designs and performs the data base of controlling the defect images ;
- Accomplishes the interfaces imposed by the themes;
- Participates in the carrying out of the dissemination activities
“Gh. Asachi” Technical University -Iasi:
- Participates in the elaboration of the image schedule with defects in the woven fabric and knitted fabric;
- Participates in the identification, scanning and completing the data base with the specific images of the defects from the technologic flow;
- Participates in due time to the tests which will take place on the equipment from the pilot station;
- Participates in the dissemination activity
“Aurel Vlaicu” University - Arad:
- Participates in the elaboration of the image schedule with defects from the textile finishing rooms;
- Participates in the identification, scanning and completing the data base with the specific images of the defects from the technologic flow from the finishing rooms;
- Participates in due time to the tests which will take place on the equipment from the pilot station;
- Participates in the dissemination activity.
Project budget: 1.700.000 lei:
-from the state budget: 1.700.000 lei
-cofinancing: 0 lei
The description/presenting of the various experiments going on as part of the project:
- On 27.05.2008 Mr. Stan Mihai participated to the international conference PROGRESS2008-Ivanovo (Russia), with the paper “Meta-textile structures”, that was delivered as part of the seminar having two important subjects, meaning meta-materials (The paper “Meta-materials”, whose author is Mr. Smirnov N. Alexandr from the Textile Academy Ivanovo) and textile structures having the deformation memory (delivered by prof. Jing-Lian Hu from the Polytechnic Institute in Hong-Kong)
- Missis Carmen Ghituleasa will participate to the "Women Shaping Science" International Conference that will take place in Vilnius, Lithuania, during 5 - 7.06.2008
- He will have contacts with specialists from research institute sand universities with tradition in promoting women in scientific activities and especially in choosing and training for a career in the field of scientific research
- He will have discussions regarding potential cooperation in European research projects, FP7 – People program, aiming at encouraging the active participation of women to the research scientific activity; the conference will also provide opportunity to underline the guidelines at the level of European Platform of Women Scientists. INCDTP is a member and has its representatives.
- He will dissemination of the research activity within the INCDTP and its cross border promoting.
Contact data of the project director:
Mat. Stan Mihai
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com