Advanced environment technologies in the textile industry and integrated systems of waste water pollution controlling and preventing
Contract: 31-053/ septembrie 2007
The proposed project dwells upon strategic objectives of economically developing the textile sector from Romania, and of the European Platform for the Textile and Clothing Future, by applying the biotechnologies, the clean finishing technologies, the advanced technologies of cleaning waste waters, with effects that are beneficial to the environment and human health protection.
The achieving of this complex project comes from the need of solving one of the most defficult and important chapters, that is the one referring to the environment protection, which Romania has to settle during the post – accession period.
The purpose of the project resides in elaborating and establishing new ecologic textile material finishing technologies, the elaborating of integrated environment systems, monitoring, simulating, advanced cleaning technologies, with a view to complying with the Aquis environment provisions, the diminishing of the risks for the environment, the reducing of the water and power consumption, and possibilities of cleaned water reusing.
The novelty and originality degree of the complex research project resides in creating programmes of modelling and simulating the waste water cleaning processes from the textile sector and the simultaneous going through the following directions – the attenuating of the factors of risk for the environment by establishing and implementing clean finishing technologies, the elaborating of modern technologies of cleaning the waste waters coming from the textile industry by using last generation ion exchanging resins, macro-cyclical compounds belonging to the calyxarene class, physical – chemical methods with ozonization stage, electro-flocculation, new adsorbent materials.
The general objectives:
the elaborating and accomplishing of new ecologic technologies of textile material finishing, the elaborating of environment integrated systems, monitoring, cleaning technologic process simulating, the elaborating of advanced cleaning technologies, with a view to complying with the Aquis community environment provisions, the diminishing of the risks for the environment, the reducing of water and energy consumption, and possibilities for reusing the cleaned waters.
The results estimated to be obtained:
- “Clean” textile finishing technologies and biotechnologies meant for attenuating the factors of risk for the environment, the fitting into the national and European norms for the environment by using multifunctional ecologic chemical auxiliaries, biocatalysts having high action specificity and a low impact over the environment, optical bleaching agents/ecologic dyes with a high exhaustion degree, the cumulating of certain technologic stages, the using of ecologic final finishing products;
- Modern technologies of textile industry waste water cleaning by using: last generation ion exchanging resins, macro - cyclical compounds belonging to the calyxarene class, physical – chemical methods with ozonization stage, electro-flocculation, new adsorbent materials (natural, artificial, synthetic and agricultural and industrial residual products);
- Programmes of modeling and simulating the modern cleaning processes having efficient implications over pollution preventing, the optimizing of the cleaning technologies and possibilities of controlling and automating the cleaning processes;
- Articles published in ISI rated magazines and other speciality nationally and internationally acknowledged journals;
- Papers delivered at national and international symposia and conferences.
The coordinating institution: The Research – Development National Institute for Textile and Leather – INCDTP, Bucharest
Contact data: 16, Lucretiu Patrascanu Str., Sector 3, postal code 030508, Bucharest, tel: 021-3404928, fax: 021-3405515, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- THE TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY “GH. ASACHI” IASI
- POLITEHNICA UNIVERSITY OF BUCHAREST - The Energy and Environment Protection Research Centre
- The Research – Development National Institute for Chemistry and Petrochemistry – ICECHIM - Bucharest
- S.C. ICPE Bistrita S.A., Bistrita-Nasaud county
- S.C. PLASTPROD S.R.L., Holboca, Iasi county
The contracting authority: THE NATIONAL CENTRE OF PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT- CNMP, Bucharest, 21-25, Mendeleev Str., sector 1, postal code 010362, tel. 311.59.92, fax 318.87.63
Project duration: 36 months (September 2007 – September 2010)
The activities and responsibilities that are afferent to each participant:
The technical responsibilities of the partners are given in the following table:
Activity I.1: Documentary study on the environment protection concepts, the pollutant factors that are specific to the textile finishing and the provenance sources
Activity I.2: Documentary study on the performance methods and equipment of cleaning the liquors resulted from the finishing processes and technologic solutions of pollution removing.
Activity I.3: Conceptual methods of pollution preventing by means of programmes of modelling and simulating the textile finishing and cleaning processes
Activity II.1: The elaborating of the ecologic solutions of textile material finishing, ecologic - rendering technologic plans and diagrams.
Activity II.2: The elaborating of performance technologies of cleaning the waste waters coming from the textile industry
Activity III.1: Experiments of eco - technologies and biotechnologies of finishing
Activity III.2: Experiments of modern technologies of treating the waste waters on laboratory installation
Activity IV.1: The evaluating of the technical – economic and quality indices (consumption: water, energy, chemicals, textile article quality, waste water) that are afferent to applying the new technologies
Activity V.1: The demonstrating of the eco – technologies of finishing the accomplished textile materials, for the purpose of promoting and applying them in textile trade companies
Activity V.2: The demonstrating of the modern technologies of cleaning the waste waters, for the purpose of promoting and applying them in textile trade companies
Activity V.3: The disseminating of the results obtained in the project finalizing, participation in technical – scientific events, creation of CD – ROM and WEB page
Activity V.4: The identifying of the novelty elements and the elaborating of the documentation with a view to patenting
Project budget: 2.015.550 lei:
-from the state budget: 1.900.000 lei
-cofinancing: 115.550 lei
The description/presenting of the various experiments going on as part of the project:
The performing of the executing stage: “CONCEPTUAL MODELS OF POLLUTION PREVENTING”
- 2 articles in Bulletin of the Technical University Iasi, facs. 5 Textile - Leather, volume LIII(LVII), 2007, ISSN 1582-6392
- 2 articles in the Annals of the University Oradea, Facs. Chimistry, 2007
- 2 reports at the 13th International Conference on Textile - Leather, October 2007, Iasi;
- 2 reports at the Internationasl Conference of the Faculty of Science, the University Oradea, November,2007
- 1 report at the International Scientific Conference - Romanian Agriculture In UE, October, 2007, Iasi
- 2 reports at the International Scientific Conference, Gabrovo, Bulgaria, November, 2007
- 1 report at the International Symposium “Man and Environment”, Timisoara, 2007
Contact data of the project director:
Eng. Alina Popescu, Head of the Textile Chemistry Research & Environment Protection, tel. 021-3404200, extension 216/205,
fax : 021-3405515, e-mail : email@example.com