Promotion of scientific research partaking in the field of technical textiles with applications in Air-Space and Medical
Program: Cercetare de excelenta CEEX – Modul III – Promovare a participarii la programele europene si internationale de cercetare
The project aim is to promote the participation of the Romanian scientific community having activities in the field of technical textiles meant for aeronautics-space and medicine to the European and international research programmes. The project will contribute to long term S/T cooperation strengthening in the field of technical textiles, both at national, and at the European level, as well as to addressing common research activities constituting the basis of future proposals within Framework Programme 7.
At the same time, the project follows the trend expressed at the European level in the textiles industry field. This is also promoted by the European Platform of Technology “The Future of Textiles and Clothing”, respectively the shift from commodities to highly specialized products achieved by high-tech versatile processes and the expansion of textiles as raw material towards many other industrial sectors and new application fields. In the last two decades, the textiles found a great range of applications into various fields, such as automotives, railways, naval, aero-spatial, engineering, building & constructions, agriculture, energetic technologies and environment, health, and defense. In this sense, the manufacture of textile supports applied in medicine as materials of internal and external use represent a large and important part of the textile industry. On the other hand, regarding the technical textiles of use in aeronautics and space, the advances in material sciences enabled the achievement of fabrics with pre-established properties, depending on the applications aimed, and that will be either able to cope with the most aggressive environmental and operational/exploitation conditions.
Aim of the project :
Development of the S/T partnership between the research institutions in Romania, which have research activities in the field of technical textiles or activities similar to the ones in the European Area, for the Romanian scientific community to participate to the European and international research programmes and for Romanian research visibility increase, as well as for its integration into European technology platforms and networks.
- Establishing of external partnerships in the field of technical textiles with applications in aeronautics-space and medicine, of research themes and of objectives of common interest;
- Conceive R&D project proposals within FP7 and connect the Romanian Institutions to the European research-networks in the field of technical articles with applications in aeronautics-space and medicine;
- Organization of an international conference for the purpose of increasing the international visibility of the Romanian Scientific Community.
- Research project proposals within Framework Programme 7;
- Integration of project participating institutions into the European research networks and into the European Platforms of Technology;
- Participation in national and international scientific events on the project thematic;
- Scientific papers delivered in national and international scientific events in the project field;
- Organization of an International Conference in the field of technical articles with applications in aeronautics-space and medicine.
The National Research and Development Institute for Textiles and Leather - INCDTP
Address: Bucharest,16.Lucretiu Patrascanu Street, District 3, Postal Code 030508,
Phone: 021 340 49 28,
Fax: 021 340 55 15,
General Director: Dr. Eng. Emilia Visileanu
Project Manager: Eng. Claudia Niculescu
- Polytechnic University of Bucharest (UPB) – Research Center for Aeronautics and Space – UPB-CCAS
Address: Bucharest, 313 Splaiul Independenţei, District 6, postal code 060042
Rector: Prof. Dr. Eng. Ecaterina Andronescu
Project Responsible: Prof. Dr. Eng. Cornelius Berbente
- National Institute for Aerospace Research “Elie Carafoli" - INCAS
Address: Bucharest, 220 Bd. Iuliu Maniu, District 6,
General Director: Dr. Eng. Catalin Nae
Project Responsible: Dr. Eng. Valentin Butoescu
National Center for Programmes Management – CNMP
Address: Bucharest, 21-25 Mendeleev Street, district 1, postal code 010362,
Phone/fax 311 59 92,
General Director: Serban Panaitescu
Project Timetable: 01.08.2006 - 31.07.2008
Project execution plan:
Stage I: Preparing of the S/T partnership in the field of technical textiles with applications in aeronautics-space and medicine, between the research Institutions in Romania and those similar in the European Area
I.1: Conceive the project promotional materials
I.2: Workshops of partners for identifying the material resources, the human resources and the equipping needed within the project; Elaboration of a common policy for the promotion of Romanian participation to European Research Programs and joining the research directions of the European Technology Platform “The future of textiles and clothing”
I.3 Acquisition of the research needed equipment
- Database with the human resources and apparatuses to be used by partners for the project;
- Project promoting flyer;
- Participation to the Brokerage “Textiles & Wastewaters”, 16-17 November 2006, Bucharest, Romania, with the project proposal “Integrated System for Calculating the Performances of Special Textile Structures”
- Expression of Interest submitted to EASN (European Aeronautics Science Network) for a STREP project proposal entitled “Influence of Vorticity on Porous Membranes”, for a further intention to participate to the first FP 7 Call;
- Project Manager participation to the Framework Programme 7 actions directed to present in detail the areas of interest for the project: European Conference GEO WELCOMES FP7, organized within ERA ENV project, on 15.09.2006, Constanta - Romania, and International Conference “New EU Member States and Security Research”, organized by ASD (AeroSpace and Defence Industries Association of Europe), 23-24.11.2006, Bucharest, Romania.
Stage II: Establishing external partnership in the field of technical textiles with applications in aeronautics-space and medicine, on themes of common interest /
II.1: Round table with invitation of foreign partners for under-signing firm collaboration agreements
II.2: Exchange of personnel between the partners on short stages for training, in the purpose of common project proposal preparing for FP 7, correlated with the TP 6 directions.
II.3 Acquisition of the research needed equipment
- Partnerships for new project proposals;
- Project proposals for the FP 7: Advanced Textile for Aero-structures – TxAS; and Network embedded parallel processing system for parachute design – PARASOFT, submitted for the EURATEX Call (TEPPIES -Textile Project Proposal Information Exchange System);
- Project team participation in writing FP 7 proposals: WHITEX (submitted under registration number 212223 /05.2007), PILOT (registration number 212359-1/05.2007), NOTEREFIGA (registration number 203831-1), MADISON (submitted for the FP7 Call – AAT – 2007 – RTD – 1), SCRATCH (submitted for the FP7 Call AAT – 2007 – RTD – 1, AAT.2007.7.5)
- Organization of the international symposium entitled “Technology Platforms – generators of new project ideas for Framework Programme 7 of the EU”, 22 June 2007, Bucharest
- Organization of the Round Table “Multifunctional textile materials” within “The 5th Conference – New Research Trends in Material Science” – ARM 5, 5-7 September 2007, Sibiu
- Attend training courses regarding FP 7 project writing, “How to Write a Competitive Proposal from Framework 7”, organized by RARMA –Romania, in collaboration with HYPERION Ltd. Ireland.
- Participation in the Seminar “IPR ISSUES WITH FP 7 PROJECTS: PRACTICAL ASPECTS”, organized by IPR Helpdesk
- Project Manager participation to the work meeting of Technical Committee CEN/TC 248 “ – WG 10, Textiles and Textile Products”, 26 - 27 June 2007, Brussels;
- Project Manager participation to the International Fair on Individual protection, occupational health and security issues, 17-21 September 2007, Dusseldorf;
- Participation of INCAS scientific responsible to the “International Conference on Numerical Analysis and Applied Mathematics” - ICNAAM 2007, 16-20 September, Greece – with the paper Mathematical modeling and the related numerical computing of a thin profile in a non-stationary regime”
- Participation of the aeronautics specialist Dr. Docent Diploma Eng. Matius Stoia, UPB, Faculty of Aero-spatial Engineering to the Summer School and the Workshop on “Small scale turbulence: Theory, Phenomenology and Applications”, 13-27 August 2007, Cargese-France.
Stage III. S/T partnership development in the field of technical textiles with applications in aeronautics-space and medicine/
III.1: Preparing the operational frame for the organization of a conference with international participation to disseminate the knowledge in the project field
III.2: Participation to the sessions preparing project proposals for European and international programs
III.3: Conceive R&D project proposals within FP7 and connect the Romanian Institutions to the European research networks in the field of technical articles with application in aeronautics-space and medicine
- Submission of NOTEREFIGA project, registration number 203831-2, Call identified FP-NMP-2007 SME-1 and accepted for funding;
- Organization of the international workshop “Regulations imposed by free circulation of textile clothing on global market” benefiting the participation of the Technical Group for Clothing within the European Platform of Technology for Textiles and Clothing
- Work Meetings with foreign specialists and experts;
- Preparing activities for the International Conference specially foreseen for Technical Textiles;
- Project Manager participation to the gathering meeting of the Technical Committee for Textiles and Clothing, CEN/TC 248, 29.10-01.11.2007, Sofia
- Scientific papers published in specialty magazines:
- SEMI-ANALYTICAL METHOD FOR THE WING AERODYNAMICS – published in the Scientific Bulletin held by Polytechnic University Timisoara, Tom 52(66), Fascicle 3, 2007 (Authors: C. Berbente, S. Danaila, M.Stoia-Djeska – from UPB – Faculty of Aero-spatial Engineering)
- A PHYSICAL AND THEORETICAL ANALYSIS OF THE VORTEX BREAKDOWN ON DELTA WINGS – published in the Scientific Bulletin held by Polytechnic University Timisoara, Tom 52(66), Fascicle 3, 2007 (Authors: M.Stoia-Djeska, S. Danaila, C. Berbente – from UPB - Faculty of Aero-spatial Engineering)
- ON THE AERODYNAMIC CHARACTERISTICS OF A CLASS OF AIRFOILS WITH CONTINUOUS CURVATURE AT SUBSONIC, TRANSONIC AND SUPERSONIC REGIMES – published in the Scientific Bulletin held by UPB, 2007 (Authors: C. Berbente , S. Danaila – from UPB - Faculty of Aero-spatial Engineering)
- TURBULENCE MODEL FOR PREDICTING HEAT TRANSFER IN BOUNDARY LAYER FLOW, delivered by Prof. Dr. Eng Sterian Danaila within the summer School Workshop – “Small scale turbulence: Theory, Phenomenology and Applications” in France.
Stage IV: Organizing of an international conference /
IV.1: Organizing of an international conference in the field of technical articles with application in aeronautics-space and medicine, in conformity with EURATEX policy
IV.2 : Participation to the support activities concerning the integration into ERA-NET type projects and European technology platforms or into other initiatives meant to correlate the national research programs
- The First International Conference “TECHNICAL TEXTILES -MULTIDISCIPLINARY FIELD, 22-23 May 2008, Bucharest, Romania
- Budget funding - 200 000 lei
On project whole duration, the participation and/or organization of scientific events was pursued so as to facilitate the networking with the European scientific community in the field addressed and to initiate and get through some actions within the European Platform of Technology, as well as to promote the research results.
Within this project, a First International Conference was organized for the field of technical textiles, Tex Teh I, 22-23 May 2008.
Achievements accumulated on project completion:
Organization of the second international conference on the technical textiles, Tex Teh II – 7-8 May 2009
Institute specialists participation to meetings of the European member organizations:
- 01-02 April 2009 – The 4th Annual Conference of the European Platform of Technology for Textiles and Clothing
- 07 May 2009 – TEXTRANET – European network of the textile research organizations
Project Manager joining as expert of the European Platform of Technology for Textiles and Clothing into Thematic Work Group 7 – New concepts & technologies for design and mass customization in Clothing & Fashion
Delivery of scientific papers to events on project related topics:
- The International Conference on Aero-spatial Sciences: “AEROSPATIAL 2008”, 1-2 October 2008
Contact data of project manager:
Eng. Claudia Niculescu
Address: Bucharest,16 Lucretiu Patrascanu Street, District 3, Postal Cod 030508,
Phone: +4021 340 49 28,
Fax: +4021 340 55 15,
e-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org